|7 Wants. Like Dwarves, but Needier.
||[Aug. 11th, 2011|02:19 pm]
1. Clean sheets every night. Making the bed is really hard for me – if my knuckle joints are at all inflamed, I will whack them repeatedly and it hurts like hell. But if I could wave a wand and get crisp clean sheets every night without having to do it myself. Oh. Yes.
2. My friends to be happy and safe. This is sort of a rainbow and unicorns and ponies wish, but still. So – yes, my conflict – I think you’re responsible for your own joy and a lot of times you create or worsen your own problems. But still. If I could FIX it all for them, that’s what I’d like to do.
3. Four more hours in a day that no one else knows about. That would give me time to catch up, be alone, sleep, whatever, without impacting anyone else and without getting any new assignments, projects.
4. Another greyhound. Or rather, the financial chips to fall into place so that I feel safe getting another dog without worrying that I’m one pet emergency away from being further in debt.
5. Another two weeks of vacation a year. I want one week so that I can just stay home and take care of stuff – projects, whatever. I want the other week so that I don’t feel under such tremendous pressure to make the most of what time I currently get. Seriously, it’s pathetic. I get a day where I don’t have any place to go, no commitments and I get completely stressed out trying to decide what to do with it. I should just be lazy and mellow and spend the day reading a book and napping. AUGH! And waste the day? This is your last free day to clean out the basement! But it’s a nice day outside, you should take advantage of the weather to do an outside project – go finish cleaning out the weeds and undergrowth growing alongside the fenceline. But that’s a small project that you could get done during the week. Take advantage of having a whole day and go to the Despot and get the lumber to shore up that bed on the side of the driveway. Ack! First I’d have to empty out the car and I don’t want to waste the day emptying out the car and buying lumber and omigod, it’s almost 9am and I haven’t done a damn thing! I am my own Skinner Box.
6. To have a sloppy, inefficient metabolism that profligately wastes calories instead of hoarding them like a simile needed. I would just like to be able to indulge from time to time, without it immediately landing like a water floaty made of Crisco around my hips. My metabolism is German-engineered that’s for damn sure. My body will squeeze every possible calorie out of a food before letting it go. I watch what other people eat, what they buy at the grocery store and knowing that I’ll be likely to survive a famine is NO CONSOLATION, whatsoever.
7. Mostly, I want us all to behave better. To try harder. To not be dicks. BE NICE to each other. I’d happily be a fat, houndless, timestarved, shoulder to cry on, sleeping in squalorous sheets if only people would be expletive NICE to each other.